What to do if you are in an accident
Before you end up in an accident, get at least $25,000 Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists (UIM) and at least $10,000 Personal Injury Protection (PIP) on your policy.
- Get your vehicle to a safe place, if you can.
- Do not get out of your vehicle if you will be in danger.
- If you are really hurt, do not move.
- Take pictures of vehicle and license plate of the other driver(s).
- Call the police and your emergency contact.
- Obtain other drivers’ insurance and contact information.
- Identify witnesses and obtain their contact information.
- Take pictures of your vehicle before it is towed away.
- Acquire any dash/rear cam video before your vehicle is towed away.
- Seek medical help.
- Emergency room.
- Primary care physician.
- Talk to your attorney for additional referrals.
- Contact Gig Harbor law.